Sunday Stream Live Encoder (SSLE) enables you to easily do multi-bit rate broadcasting. This is useful if you are streaming at HD or another high bit rate stream and would like to provide a stream for users with very slow internet connections.
Assuming that you have set up your Sunday Streams Live Encoder for a single stream following our instructions, to change to multi-bit rate streaming you would:
- Open the Sunday Streams Manager and click on PC Encoders > SSLE > Multi Bit Rate
- Copy the Server (Primary Stream): info from the manager and paste it in the Server: field in the encoder installed on your computer.
- Click the Show Options checkbox in the encoder
- Select the Output tab
- Check Output 2
- Copy the Output 2 (MBR Stream): info from the manager and paste it in the Output 2 field in the encoder installed on your computer.
- Set the resolution, video and audio bit rates that you want for the MBR stream. (The 10 Simple Steps to Improve your Broadcast Quality can help you in selecting these options.)
- Save the profile. (If you save it as "default" it will automatically load these setting the next time you open Sunday Streams Live Encoder.)
The video below walks you through the entire process of setting up SSLE, including how to set up multi-bit rate broadcasting. (MBR starts around 5:45)