The Wowza GoCoder is a free app for your Android or iOS device that enables you to stream with just your phone or tablet. This is a great, inexpensive option to stream from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device from a remote location, such as a Bible study, event outdoors, etc.
You can stream up to HD quality and it will send out the data over either your wifi or your wireless connection if you aren't connected to a wifi network. The GoCoder can be set up by following the instructions below.
- Click the Gear at the top right and then click Wowza Streaming Engine.
- Click Host and enter the Server and Port information provided in your Sunday Streams Manager and then click Back. (All of the info needed in the next few steps is case sensitive and is found in the Manager by clicking Other Encoders > Mobile Broadcasters > GoCoder Settings.)
- Click Application and enter the Application and Stream Name from the Sunday Streams Manager and then click Back.
- Click Login and enter the Source Username and Source Password from the Sunday Streams Manager and then click Done.
- Click Settings at the top right to select the Video Size, or resolution, you want to stream.
- Click the Bit Rate selector at the bottom left and choose a bit rate that is at least the minimum recommended bit rate for the resolution you are streaming at.
- In the Sunday Streams Manager go to Broadcast Settings More > Bit Rates & Resolution and enter the bit rate and resolution that you set on the GoCoder.
- To stream click the red button at the bottom right corner of the GoCoder app on your phone or tablet.
The settings are now saved and don't need to be entered again. If you click the red button and don't see your video on your embed code or GoPlayer when streaming, please check to make sure that every character of the Stream Name was entered correctly.
Screenshot of the Go Coder
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 855-278-7326, by email, or submit a support ticket.